Thursday, January 27, 2011

PLN 1/28/11

This week I chose to read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, a murder mystery, love novel by Stieg Larsson. The book opens with the character: Blomkvist discussing with Aftonbladet, which is also a place in Sweden, on the radio. The plot takes a long time to progress and it is immensely difficult to read. I think this because of the way it is written and even though it is translated from Swedish to English a lot of the terms are still in Swedish. For example, Blomkvist says “Dagens Nyheter”. I have no idea what this means or its relevancy. This book is supposed to be a thriller and at this point I’m bored with it, the plot takes a while to develop. The novel started off at a random point making it hard to understand. I feel like I’m missing a part of the story which makes the plot hard to follow. There is no exposition, or an introduction of characters which leaves me lost and confused. I am thinking that maybe this book is too complex for my maturity, age, and knowledge. It becomes frustrating not knowing what you are reading so; I plan to continue reading it until I understand or I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment